Since 1989, Health Decisions has conducted more than 300 clinical trials, including more than 100 studies in women’s health indications and more than 20 studies of diagnostics. Health Decisions dual focus on clinical development in women’s health and diagnostics includes several studies bridging the two focus areas. The focus on women’s health was there from the beginning. Extension into diagnostics occurred more than a decade ago with a PMA study of a diagnostic for high-risk HPV types. Regulatory approval and clinical adoption of the HPV diagnostic markedly improved screening for cervical cancer, enabling early detection that likely reduced the number of women whose HPV infections evolved into precancerous lesions and cervical cancers. Other Health Decisions successes include clinical development of a wide variety of contraceptives, including drugs, devices and drug/device combinations. Approval of these contraceptives has provided women with a greater selection of acceptable alternatives for managing their reproductive health. Successful development of women’s health diagnostics and novel contraceptives are but two examples of Health Decisions fulfilling its mission to improve health outcomes for women worldwide. Other Health Decisions studies have advanced clinical development of therapeutics and diagnostics in areas as diverse as vasomotor symptoms, pain management following childbirth, STIs, bacterial vaginosis, assessing risk of preterm birth and multiple sclerosis.
Work-Life Balance and Openness Contribute to Company Success
An important part of Health Decisions’ success is an open, informal culture that encourages employees to recommend improvements in the management and execution of clinical trials and in internal operations. An enjoyable office atmosphere, recognition of the need for balance between work and personal life and flexibility to accommodate the demands of home and family play important roles in employee satisfaction, productivity and Health Decisions’ ability to consistently deliver outstanding results for biopharma and medical device companies. We also offer award-winning, globally-recognized training programs to ensure that our employees become the best clinical research professionals that they can be.
Awards and Recognition
Health Decisions has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in technology, entrepreneurship and growth. In 2015, Health Decisions received the Best CRO Award in the Triangle Business Journal Life Sciences Awards. The Association of Clinical Research Professionals honored Health Decisions with the 2014 ACRP Award for Innovation in Clinical Research. Health Decisions is a three-time winner of the CIO 100 Award, which recognizes creating business value with technology innovation exemplifying the highest level of operational and strategic excellence in Information Technology. The 2013 CIO 100 Award recognizes the value of Health Decisions’ Agile RBM+ technology.
Health Decisions’ and its leadership’s awards and recognition include:
- 2016 Training Magazine Training Top 125, a global ranking reflecting excellence in training and learning development
- 2015 Best CRO Award in the Triangle Business Journal Life Sciences Awards
- 2014 Association of Clinical Research Professionals Award for Innovation in Clinical Research
- 2014 Triangle Business Journal CIO of the Year Award
- 2014 Triangle Business Journal Life Sciences CEO of the Year Award
- 2015 Training Magazine Training Top 125 worldwide ranking for training and learning development
- 2013 CIO 100 Award for Technology Providing True Business Value
- 2013 Triangle Business Journal Health Care Hero Innovator/Researcher Award
- 2013 Business Leader Top Entrepreneur Award
- Business Champions Awards
- CIO Enterprise Value Award
- Cisco Growing with Technology Award
- Inc 500 (fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.)
- Deloitte & Touche Technology Fast 500
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Health Sciences