Although Health Decisions focuses on delivering operational excellence to current sponsors and improving the future of clinical development, we are proud of our past. For more than 27 years, Health Decisions has led the way in improving the efficiency of clinical development. Most recently, we have become increasingly active in innovative areas such as precision medicine, molecular diagnostics and rethinking the clinical-development paradigm, as evidenced by publications such as Phase 2c: Expedited Development for All – Accelerating Clinical Development Now and in the Future. In recent years, Health Decisions has a particularly strong organizational commitment to improving success rates in phase 2 development.
Founding Commitment to Increasing the Efficiency
Increasing the efficiency of clinical development was the focus of Health Decisions’ Founder Dr. Michael Rosenberg when he started the company in 1989. Dr. Rosenberg realized that tedious, manual procedures were responsible not only for frequent delays in clinical trials but also for many errors requiring later correction at great expense. Government agencies and biopharma and medical device companies were spending untold billions on processes that often stretched timelines and compromised quality rather than improving it. Dr. Rosenberg recognized that improving the efficiency of clinical development would free funds to develop more life-saving products and allow those products to reach medical professionals and patients much faster.From the outset, Dr. Rosenberg committed Health Decisions to a lean, focused approach that combined rethinking the processes of clinical development and using new technology to accelerate these optimized processes. Health Decisions has worked toward this vision ever since, creating Agile Clinical Development — a methodology that sets the industry standard for efficiency.
Work-Life Balance and Openness Contribute to Company Success
An important part of Health Decisions’ success is an open, informal culture that encourages employees to recommend improvements in the management and execution of clinical trials and in internal operations. An enjoyable office atmosphere, recognition of the need for balance between work and personal life and flexibility to accommodate the demands of home and family play important roles in employee satisfaction, productivity and Health Decisions’ ability to consistently deliver outstanding results for biopharma and medical device companies. We also offer award-winning, globally-recognized training programs to ensure that our employees become the best clinical research professionals that they can be.
Awards and Recognition
Health Decisions has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in technology, entrepreneurship and growth. In 2015, Health Decisions received the Best CRO Award in the Triangle Business Journal Life Sciences Awards. The Association of Clinical Research Professionals honored Health Decisions with the 2014 ACRP Award for Innovation in Clinical Research. Health Decisions is a three-time winner of the CIO 100 Award, which recognizes creating business value with technology innovation exemplifying the highest level of operational and strategic excellence in Information Technology. The 2013 CIO 100 Award recognizes the value of Health Decisions’ Agile RBM+ technology.
Health Decisions’ and its leadership’s awards and recognition include:
- 2016 Training Magazine Training Top 125, a global ranking reflecting excellence in training and learning development
- 2015 Best CRO Award in the Triangle Business Journal Life Sciences Awards
- 2014 Association of Clinical Research Professionals Award for Innovation in Clinical Research
- 2014 Triangle Business Journal CIO of the Year Award
- 2014 Triangle Business Journal Life Sciences CEO of the Year Award
- 2015 Training Magazine Training Top 125 worldwide ranking for training and learning development
- 2013 CIO 100 Award for Technology Providing True Business Value
- 2013 Triangle Business Journal Health Care Hero Innovator/Researcher Award
- 2013 Business Leader Top Entrepreneur Award
- Business Champions Awards
- CIO Enterprise Value Award
- Cisco Growing with Technology Award
- Inc 500 (fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.)
- Deloitte & Touche Technology Fast 500
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Health Sciences